FIRST STAGE: PRE SURGICAL
Steps to check on bariatric surgery:
- Interview with 1st team surgeon: drawing up a detailed medical history, if the patient is a candidate for surgery, derives the different specialists to complete the assessment.
- 2nd Evaluation by specialists: medical clinic, nutrition, psychology, psychiatry.
- Eventually 3rd assessment by other specialists if necessary, based on certain conditions associated him to present the patient (eg, endocrinology, hematology).
- Application of complementary studies: complete laboratory, urinalysis, electrocardiogram and cardiac, radigrafía-ray, spirometry, abdominal ultrasound, upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- A preoperative preparation diet and weight control changes.
- When the entire multidisciplinary team considers that the patient is able to perform the surgical procedure, the surgeon surgery program.
SECOND STAGE: SURGICAL
Once the date scheduled surgery, the patient goes into the same day in the morning at the Sanatorium. After the surgery, the patient is moved to a hospital room, and if necessary, to the intensive care unit. In general discharge is given between 2 and 3 days.
THIRD STAGE: POSTSURGICAL
Checks are carried out mainly with the surgical team and nutritionist.
The frequency of checks is:
- 1 time per week the 1st month.
- 1 time every 15 days the 2nd month.
- 1 time per month until the 6th month postoperative.
- 1 time every 2 months until.
- 1 time every 6 months during the second year.
- Then, one time per year.